Friday, December 30, 2011

Packing and charging and syncing

Well, we're off tomorrow morning.  It feels like the trip has already begun for me in some ways because I said goodbye to my girls in Belmont (MA) this afternoon and drove back to Hamilton.  I'm now frantically packing, charging every battery in sight, and syncing all the electronic things I have acquired for the trip.
Fruit Ninja is played by using a touch pad to ...
Fruit Ninja on the iPad
Colgate has lent me an iPad for blogging, and it was a great hit with my daughters over the last two weeks—they have filled it with many silly games (Fruit Ninja, Doodle Jump, The Moron Test…) that will doubtless waste much time over the next two weeks.  (Ah, electronics, how you have helped our productivity…).  I have also started my regimen of antibiotics against the threat of malaria, and probiotics for digestive health.  It wasn't until I said this out loud earlier that I realised that taking antibiotics and probiotics at the same time seems like a truly pointless exercise.  I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Otherwise, staring at my empty suitcase, seeking inspiration…  Departure from the house, 8.45 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment